Join us on photography tours or workshops throughout the American Southwest and some selected and unique spots such as Brazil, Bolivia, Iceland, Italy and Namibia. The difference between the two is that photo tours are for a single person or a small group that has a specific trip in mind and wants go during a specific time. Workshops (groups of 5 – 10 photographers) have a program set by us, including 1:1 coaching, lectures in-the-field on various photographic topics at a predetermined date. So, it is up to you what kind of interaction you prefer.
Experience the spectacular American Southwest and West with someone who knows it like just a few and who is well equipped to give you a level of safety which is absolutely needed in the wilderness.
We can provide you with a list of possible destinations and plan an entire tour for you. Be aware that many places need at least 6 months of planning ahead. There might be permit requirements to get to some of these locations. Some agencies can take quite a while to provide a permit while others are based on a lottery system. Disappointments can be quite big if the permit is not granted or not available due to short notice and or planning.
We will pick you up preferentially at the airport in Durango, CO or any airport in the Four Corners area (Albuquerque, Page, Phoenix, Las Vegas). We will begin the trip right away or the next morning, depending on your arrival time. Whether you are a beginner with a new digital camera, or a seasoned pro, the scenery will take your breath away and the photographs will last a lifetime! Lodging and meals are not included in the tour prices, but we will be glad to recommend great places to stay whether it be luxurious, resourceful or even primitive. Peter Boehringer will be your host, so that you can learn as much as you would like in awesome landscapes.
You need to be physically fit enough to participate in outdoor photography exercises in field locations. We will do everything possible to take you to your areas of interest. Most of the excursions are day trips based out of motels in proximity to the places of interest. All trips can be expanded from very short hikes and drive-up overlooks to day pack hikes taking several hours or even backpacking tours taking several days into the untouched wilderness.
- Transport & hosting (US$ 400 – 550/day depending on the itinerary, duration of trip and the number of participants) – includes our fully off-road equipped Jeep + off-road Chaser trailer
- Toilet and hot water shower with privacy shelter
- Small refrigerator
- Chairs and table
- Two flames stove
- Pans, plates, bowls, cups, cutlery
- Handheld Satellite Communicator with GPS Navigation and an interactive SOS to 24/7 search and rescue monitoring center
- Walkie talkie
- Abundant water for continuous adequate hydration
- Recommendations for overnight and where to have meals, when not camping
- Tent in case of camping in the wilderness
For your trip you should bring:
- Digital camera with lots of memory & reserve batteries
- Wide-angle, medium lens and a tele lens
- Diverse filters including a polarizing and neutral density filter(s)
- Hiking shoes/ socks
- Hiking poles
- Rain jacket / Fleece jacket
- Sunglasses / Sunscreen
- Water shoes, neoprene socks and neoprene pants in case of canyoneering
- We will provide you with a detailed list of necessary items depending on your tour
Travel hassle free and safely through the remote and rugged regions of the American Southwest and West with a seasoned photographer who knows the Southwest – its beauties and its dangers! Read through the testimonials and see what other people have to say about their experiences with photography tours or workshops throughout the Southwest.
For a custom trip tailored to your timetable, contact us with the dates you have in mind. Early contact is strongly recommended since many areas require special permits and we have to accommodate our busy schedule too.